Saturday, November 14, 2009

Mommy Time

Yesterday was such a busy day and I had committed to going to a Mary Kay party at a friend's house in the evening. I was so worn out and tempted to flake out and just sit on my butt and watch tv (I know you've all been there!)  :) , but I went anyway and I'm so glad I did.
I go to a mommy group, Moms and More, and have been making some great friendships. One of the mommies hosted the party. Of course makeup is always fun, but mostly I just appreciate candid and real women that love God and love their families. 2 of us stayed til after 1am (!!!), which made me feel like a teenager again and so the three of us ladies just chatted and chatted and realized we're all very similar and even our husbands have similarities. I feel enriched by these relationships and am wondering how my life would be different if I hadn't joined a mommy group. To have a group of women that share my Faith, my commitment to my spouse and family, and my ideals is just so wonderful. I think this is how God intended for us to live. To not go it alone, but rather have a 'family' that helps us through everything and teaches us from their experiences and encourages us as women.
I also appreciate that in a group like this I end up meeting people that I may not have become friends with otherwise. God knows who will be a blessing to us and maybe who we can bless and He orchestrates us being in that group. What a blessing! Now I don't feel jealous when my husband goes to Men's Roundtable (awesome men's Bible study). Because honestly, I was feeling jealous there for a while. Like how come he gets to go do something for 2 hours every week and I never get to do anything by myself ever! Now I have mommy group 2x a month and La Leche 1x a month and they give me something to look forward to :)
I hope that all you mommies have friendships that grow you and uplift you and if you don't I'd encourage you to find a mommy group. If you're in Kitsap County, check out Moms and More at Christ Memorial Church. There's always room for one more.

No comments:

Post a Comment