Monday, May 17, 2010

Yesterday marked 13 weeks in this pregnancy. My little babe is about 3 inches long and weighs an ounce. I'm feeling pretty good most of the time. Super tired the last couple days but hoping to get more energy anyday.
My OB apt for today was rescheduled (again!) to next Monday. Such a bummer to have to wait another week to hear little bean's heartbeat.
It's nice not to have keep the pregnancy a secret anymore, that was honestly really hard and frustrating. We had to keep it hush for almost 11 weeks since we found out about being pregnant so early this time. Of course this is a personal choice and not everyone chooses to wait til the 1st trimester is done to share the news; I just felt like that was the wisest choice for us. I've known so many women who have miscarried all the way until the 12th or 13th week and I just didn't want to deal with what I've seen other people deal with as far as sharing the news and then constantly having to retract the news for months as they run into people who didn't know they'd miscarried. It's just super sad.
So anyway, I'm glad things seem to be going well so far and I'm just waiting to hear the little heart. It's such a fragile feeling period of time between when you find out you're pregnant and when you feel the baby move; in between those milestones it's nervewracking! Hopefully another month or so and I'll start feeling regular movement :)
Alrighty, well I'm off to visit a friend and her 2 1/2 week old baby boy :) Also, got to meet a 5 week old baby this past weekend (the one my friend had in her car and was on the news!). So special to meet these new little people and share the joy with my friends.

PS. Did you all see the anti-breastfeeding article in May's Redbook??? It made me mad! I just sent an email to the editor at redbooked@hearst.com and I encourage you to do the same.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't see article what was it about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Page 174 in the May Redbook....basically saying it's ok if you just 'feel' like you don't want to breastfeed and that there's really no difference between formula and breastmilk. And then there's a whole page with mom's saying why they don't want to breastfeed. Every 'reason' they said was ignorant and selfish and any 'problems' they quoted I've seen dealt with by friends and other mom's at LLL. I don't feel you can sum up your whole breastfeeding experience in 1 month. It's like being married for a month and saying, "well, that wasn't for me!" Like anything else worthwhile it takes hardwork, devotion, and a commitment :)

    ReplyDelete