Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I just realized it's been over a week since I last posted. Time has flown by once again!

My birthday was last Friday so Craig and I went out to see Eclipse (finally!!! and loved it!) and got Thai food. We chuckled at dinner remembering the first time we left Eliana to go out to eat (probably for only 2 hours or less). I could hardly have a normal conversation because I was thinking about her the whole time and I felt sad leaving her. Now a whole year later I didn't even think about her the whole movie and barely during dinner. Takes practice to forget our children, I guess! No, I'm only kidding. But it is funny how things change as they get older and we are more experienced (and maybe wiser) and we gain the ability to have space from our children without a panic attack ensuing. I realize some mothers are able to do this with a very new baby but that was not the case for me. With Eliana's 4 months of colic I never left her (at all!) and then even after that she was still breastfeeding full time and we could never get her to take a bottle. And honestly when your whole life revolves around a screaming baby it hardly seems important to force a bottle on them on top of whatever their little body is facing. I never really minded having to be solely available for feeds for her and knew it would be a fleeting time in both of our lives and sure enough it was. The 14 months Elly nursed passed in a blink and I'm looking forward to the whole experience again with the new baby.

As you can see from the newly installed blog ticker, I am 23 weeks pregnant now :)  I've gained a total of 4lbs which I realize is sort of fantastic, but there is a very real part of me that was super bummed that I gained anything at all. I mean, to go over 5 months with zero weight gain kind of got my hopes up that I would make it the whole time like that. I know, I know, totally unrealistic!
In case you're wondering, or forgot, here's an estimate on what the baby making necessities in our body weigh during pregnancy:

Where Does the Extra Weight Go During Pregnancy? (taken from http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/healthy-weight-gain)


Baby-

8 pounds

Placenta-

2-3 pounds

Amniotic fluid-

2-3 pounds

Breast tissue-

2-3 pounds

Blood supply-

4 pounds

Fat stores for delivery and breastfeeding-

5-9 pounds

Uterus increase-

2-5 pounds

Total

25 to 35 pounds

Clearly I already have the 5-9lbs of necessary fat stores ;), but the other stuff is happening as I write and thus requires a bit of weight gain. I'm just going to do my best to keep a reign on it and let's hope the total number stays fairly minor. Baby girl is growing and moving like crazy and I am showing like crazy! I mean, wow, I'm pretty sure my belly was maybe this size or slightly bigger when I delivered Eliana! To be honest I did weigh 30lbs more at Eliana's delivery than I am right now, but that was a TON of fluid (thank you preeclampsia) and some fat that was there before I got pregnant with her. This time there's definitely more belly happening-
And yes, I think I look tan, too. Thank you for noticing, lol. For those of you not in Kitsap County, it's been in the 80's and even 90's this month. If I was still in my teens I'd be nearly black by now having applied tanning oil and baking in the sun every day. As a pregnant mama with way too much blood I overheat quite quickly. So it's been 15 spf and little spurts in the sun as I can handle. Apparently pregnant women tend to have photo-sensitivity making them tan (or burn) better.
Some of you I'm sure are wondering if baby girl 2 has a name.....well yes, I'm sure she does, we just don't know what it is yet! As of today I feel like she might not have a name until we see her in the hospital, but then again things can change in 4 months. We definitely have a name list, we're just having a hard time picking one for her. And really it's not the end of the world, she'll have her whole life to use whatever name we choose. My issue is that by not picking one we risk a close friend or family member using a name we wanted. I know those of you who have been TTC for a while have already faced that. So, we'll see.

I can't believe next week is August already! Craig's son arrives in about 2 weeks, well, that is if his mother decides to put him on the flight. Why would she not put him on the flight you ask? Because she said the time of day isn't convenient for her. Nevermind that it's an afternoon flight and it's the exact day the parenting plan states we are to have him. We also booked the flight 1 1/2 months in advance to give her plenty of warning.
Craig put a call into our attorney last week to see what we can do if she decides to not let him come. Basically, she'll be in contempt. That means we can file a contempt motion with the courts and go from there. Typically when a person is found in contempt that person is responsible to pay all legal fees associated with the contempt motion because they are the ones causing all the court hassle. Our attorney re-read our parenting plan and agreed with us that no time constraints are placed on the travel day, simply that each parent is responsible for transporting the child to the airport for the flight.
So the X's new rule that she won't take Jacob to the airport before 5pm isn't anywhere in our parenting plan and won't hold up in court. It's trivial and her trying to make life difficult for everyone other than her. I should also note that they live about 45 minutes or less from the airport. We on the otherhand live 1 1/2 hours from the airport (Tacoma construction traffic anyone? Ugh)- so who is really having to rearrange their schedule? My dear husband. And like Craig told the X, "It's only 2 times a year you have to rearrange your schedule, and I have to rearrange mine as well." Honestly I think she's just ticked we're taking him again. We couldn't have him last August since she left Vegas and didn't tell us where the heck they were. Apparently they were on a 'road trip' and ended up in Maryland where her 'husband' got a new job. After less than a month she decided she didn't like Maryland and hightailed it back for Vegas- leaving her husband in MD since he signed a contract to stay and work there. Jacob's account of that month was that they didn't have any money and he was drinking half and half instead of milk since it was all they could afford. Which seems awfully weird since she was still getting a check from us every week, but whatever.
Anyway, drama as usual, but we're just praying for Jacob's sake that the X can swallow her pride and numerous issues and take him to the stinking airport. It's truly unfair that she makes us live our life in limbo while we always have the courtesy to book flights a month or more out and we've never considered or threatened not putting him on a flight. Even when she flaked out and made us pay the unaccompanied minor fee both ways. Seems we've gone above and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment