Sunday, November 14, 2010

39 Weeks

I am 39 weeks pregnant today and had to buy 2 things I've never had to buy myself in my entire life; TUMS and Sleep Aid. Ugh, heartburn, I almost didn't even know what it was until I told Craig how I was feeling and he said, "yep, heartburn." And as for the Sleep Aid, it's the drowsy ingredient in Benadryl without all the other ingredients. I took it last night and didn't wake up wide awake at midnight like has been happening the last week. Friday night I was honestly awake (like WIDE awake) from midnight til 2 am. I prayed and stared at the wall for an hour, then read half of Supernatural Childbirth and finally fell asleep. So, Saturday night I took a half dose of Sleep Aid and boy did it help! Ps. My midwife said Benadryl is ok to take :)

I will happily be partaking in Sleep Aid again tonight. I sure as heck don't want to start labor exhausted, so I have some catching up on Zzzzz's to do.

Moms and More had our biggest fundraiser of the year on Saturday- our Holiday Bazaar with nearly 40 vendors. Putting on the Bazaar was a ginormous task for myself and the other coordinator. I spent more hours than I can count calling, emailing, and dealing with vendors. The month before the Bazaar it was often 2 or more hours a day just talking to vendors. The week before it was more like 4 hours a day with vendors, and then still emailing and organizing and doing the finances, etc. And of course I still have a sweet 2 year old, a husband and home, the actual Mom's group to co-coordinate, prenatal and chiropractic appointments, and a home birth coming up really soon. It was exhausting.
The Bazaar was very successful and I'm really glad it went so well. We will make some changes for next year and just improve every year, but overall it was very good. That being said, I am sort of glad it's over. My blood pressure was better this morning than it has been in about 2 weeks! Yay for a crapload of stress disappearing overnight :)

My belly is bigger than I ever thought it could be. I'm putting my clothes through a rigorous stress test that's for sure. But who the heck wants to buy a new shirt for one week? Hmmm....what else can I say?

Am I ready to have the baby? Yeah, I guess so and no not really. Am I about to pop? Not exactly, I'm pretty sure my belly button will stay closed. Have I been 'checked'? Nope, no need to get my hopes up or feel disappointed if nothing is happening. Baby will come when she is ready. Am I still pregnant? Yep. Am I SO sick of being pregnant? Not really, but it is very physically taxing. Yes, those are the questions I get on a daily basis and I'm sure as I get even closer to my EDD and perhaps pass it the questions will vary and come to, when are you being induced? Isn't it time to get that baby out? etc etc etc. A few of my friends have had to endure going 'past' (although technically you are NOT past due until you are past 42 weeks, even the ACOG still says that), so I've seen and heard what they've dealt with and I'm not exactly looking forward to that. Nor do I want this baby to be like 10lbs or anything. I am however pretty stoked to see what labor is like when it starts spontaneously. Like, will my water break before or during labor? Will I actually see a mucous plug? Will it start at night or during the day? etc...lots of unknowns and it's exciting- like Christmas. You know that whatever is under the tree is pretty great and you just have to wait to see what it is :)

In the meantime I'll try to remember that people are well meaning and I think slightly uncomfortable around very pregnant women and can't think of anything to say other than, "wow, you're still pregnant???" So, until you see me carrying around a tiny baby, yes, I'm still pregnant :)

No comments:

Post a Comment