Thursday, December 9, 2010

9 days old

Last night I actually got 8 hours of sleep only broken up once! I feel like my body is trying to make up for literally 3 days of no sleep (the whole night I labored and the 2 nights after that when Evie refused to sleep), and of course I won't ever be able to catch up, but 8 hours helps. Of course I woke up super full and engorged, but pumped a couple ounces real quick and Evie was able to latch.
I'm SO thankful that Eliana is still sleeping well. We've been getting up around 9:30 or 10 all week and since I was up most nights til 2am with Evie, it's been really nice having Elly give me that buffer to try and get some sleep between feeds/rocking/diaper changes.
Nursing is getting easier, but still has ups and downs. We haven't hit our stride yet, but 9 days in it is getting better. The trouble is getting her to latch when she's super hungry. I would prefer to not let her get super hungry, but she is nearly impossible to wake up and feed unless she really wants it. She latches and falls asleep 1 1/2 sucks in- over and over. I can fight with her and try to keep her up enough to eat and waste 1 1/2 hours of my day or just wait another hour and let her eat when she's super hungry and finally awake-but by then I'm too full. It's a work in progress.

I am now down 35lbs. And since I gained 33lbs that means I'm 2lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight. It's sort of crazy. I wonder what happens in my body after having a baby to cause such quick weight loss. If we could bottle it and sell it I'd make a fortune! Craig says I'm a baby making and feeding machine and it's just what my body was made for. I think that's sort of funny considering I can't even get pregnant without Clomid. Ah the irony :)

1 comment:

  1. love this post that second paragraph esp. :) so true about the irony! you should freeze the extra milk and if you haven't needed it in a few months you can be a feeding machine for even more babies! :D

    ReplyDelete