Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Poor second child :)

I'm noticing how different having a 2nd baby is from a first. Here's a few things, feel free to add your own in the comments! :)

*With a first baby I was SO scared to cut her fingernails. She wore mittens for a week at least since I thought I'd cut her fingers off. With a second I snipped her nails within 2 hours of her being born.

*With a first baby I watched the clock and kept charts to make she nursed often enough. With a second baby I never know what time I feed her, I just nurse when she's cranky or seems hungry.

*With a first baby I moreso wanted to stick to a schedule; naps, bedtime, etc. With a second baby a schedule becomes trickier because you're still trying to keep the first kid's schedule going!

*With a first baby it didn't matter too much if they woke you up at 6am and didn't go back to sleep til 11am. You could just nap with them! With a second you quickly realize that by the time the baby goes back to sleep your toddler will be wide awake and wanting to play. And it's VERY rare for them to sleep at the same time.

*With a first baby I paid close attention to her outfits. I coordinated her socks, shoes, headband, etc- just about every day and sometimes 2x a day so she could wear everything. With a second baby I sometimes realize I haven't put her in certain clothes until they already don't fit anymore and she's lucky to get a bath every 4 or 5 days :)

*With a first baby I took pictures DAILY. I catalogued them and titled them by her week of age. I posed her, did costume changes, etc. With a second baby, I'm lucky to get one pic a week. Sometimes 2 or 3 weeks go by without a camera.

Ok....there's lots more....add yours!

4 comments:

  1. With the first baby you feel the need to have every new and great baby gaget out there.
    With the second baby you have your all time favorites that you can't live with out and hand me downs are a gift from GOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it took me a year before I was ok cutting Little T's nails! lol. For #2 I will have Mr. Q handle it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. With my first baby I was a germ freak. If she dropped something on the floor it was thoroughly disinfected before it was given back. Now I see my kids drop food on the floor and eat it and I don't even blink an eye. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel ya! My kids rarely match. I call it a bohemian look to make myself feel better. I also no longer care if Penny wants to wear the spider costume three days in a row to the grocery store. ALL of Terje's jeans have holes and Carla wears diapers till they are full! Ha ha, I can't imagine having more than three they might not even get fed!

    ReplyDelete