Sunday, May 29, 2011

Cloth Diapers: I'm now vested

Alright, I'm invested! I've put my money where my mouth is and purchased some cloth diapers! After lots of searching and lots of bidding and getting outbid a ton (sad!) I finally won a couple Ebay auctions for Fuzzi Bunz cloth diapers. They were both from the same seller so I got combined shipping also and when she found out I was new to CD (cloth diapering) she got excited and offered to throw in anything else she finds that'll be helpful along with some Rockin Green Detergent and a diaper sprayer for free! It retails for $45 on Amazon. Talk about a Godsend and blessing. And a friend offered to send me a sampler of some different brands of diapers since she's done diapering (can you believe it?). Thank you Steph! Feels like Christmas, I'm seriously so excited to get all this. Like I mentioned in the other posts, I really can't do laundry every day, so that means I need enough diapers to last at least 2 or 3 days. After the Ebay auctions I'm up to 15 diapers, so I bought the smallest set on sunbabydiapers.com which will give me another 12 diapers (and it's only $60 for 12 diapers and 12 inserts!). I should be at about 30 diapers total now and that'll give me some laundry leeway :) I was told and it's SO true that you have to change diapers more often when you cloth diaper. They actually feel wet so you can't just leave them in the same diaper for 6 hours (I mean, who does that anyway, right? Oh. Me. Whoops!).

The cost of cloth diapers can vary greatly. If you want to spend $1,000 on cloth diapers, it would be pretty easy to do so. BUT, you can take your time and search and wait and bid and find some really great deals. For 27 diapers, a diaper sprayer, about 50 inserts, 1 wet bag, 2 waterproof diaper pail liners, 1 overnight diaper cover, and detergent I'm only in it for $240. Amazing! Yes, it's an investment up front, but I am going to save at least $400 with just Evie and more if we have more kids.

If you go to Ebay and just search 'cloth diapers' you'll see there are tons available. Type in specific brands and you'll weed it down quite a bit. So far I'm deciding what the top dollar is I'll pay for a specific diaper (usually $5 or less) and then going that route. Some have free shipping, if not I have to factor that in to the $5 max.

Alright, that's all for now. It's almost 10pm and I haven't had dinner yet. I'm starving!

No comments:

Post a Comment