Thursday, May 10, 2012

Then she growed and growed.....

Eliana (3) just brought me to tears....

She was running after her dad and tripped down the stairs giving herself a nice little rug burn. Craig had Evie (1) in his arms so I snuggled Eliana. To calm her down I started telling a story she loves to hear,  how mommy and daddy met and got married. Her other favorite story is about us getting pregnant with her and her birth. I tell her the story often. She wanted to tell the story this time and it went like this," mommy and daddy cried and cried and prayed and prayed (hands folded in prayer at that part) and they really wanted baby Eliana so much. Then God said, I will give you baby Eliana and I will put her in mommy's tummy. Mommy and daddy said YAY (she cheers here)!!!!! Then little baby Eliana was in mommy's tummy and she growed and growed til she was a bigger girl." Then I took over for the rest of the story...."when Elly was almost done growing in mommy's tummy, mommy pushed ARRRRGGGG and POP! Out flew Eliana (Eliana laughs at this part)! Mommy hugged her and kissed her and nursed her and everyone was SO happy."

I love that Eliana knows that from the moment we found out we were pregnant with her she has been wanted, loved, and cherished.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment