Friday, November 2, 2012

What I eat in a day.....

I've had several people ask, "what does a day look like for what you eat?"

I decided I'd just show you :) Every day is different (aside from my breakfast), but this gives an idea.

This is my morning, pretty much every morning. Sometimes I use whole milk or 2% if I run out of coconut milk or can't find it for a good price. This protein powder is from Central Market and the vanilla flavor comes in bulk which makes it about 80cents a serving. The Blender Bottle is my dear, dear friend. Totally worth the $7.

This is a salmon burger from Costco. SO good. Also 20g of protein. I pan fry it in organic coconut oil. Takes 4 minutes each side, super easy! Then I put 1 slice of Jarlsberg cheese on top :)


Pepsi Max is NOT, I repeat NOT, a normal part of my eating. haha! But I had this smallish glass today. I got the soda free last week at Albertson's as a promo when I bought chips for Jake's lunches. 

Ok, once again, not a normal food choice. Figures the second I decide to photograph what I eat today I realize I have to photograph flippin' soda and Cheese Nips. HAHA! This photo has a serving size of cheese nips on a salad plate. Mad at myself for eating this (I actually had less than a serving size), but oh well. This is why it's hard to be a mom and only eat whole foods. Kids don't want steak and asparagus....they want crackers. lol. At least you know my photo journal is being honest, right?


My afternoon snack (4pm), a Rise protein bar. 20 grams of protein and only 3 ingredients: whey protein powder, almonds, and honey. Very dense and chewy and sweet. I got it on Amazon and this was my last bar. boohoo :(

Today I made a crockpot soup for the fam. I pretty much never measure anything, but it had carrots, celery, sweet onion, rutabaga, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, chicken stock, and a little heavy cream. I added in roasted, diced chicken and whole grain vegetable rotini during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
I dished up a bowl, picked out all the pasta and gave it to Evie and ate about 1/4 of this bowl:
Sometimes it's hard to finish a meal with the girls as we're constantly trying to keep them focused and eating. I just wasn't feeling the soup, so most of it got tossed (from my bowl).

We just went to a harvest festival at Jake's school and all three kids got candy for playing fun games. I didn't have a single piece, yay! It's 8:50pm, which is fairly early for me, but I'm going to try to just have water the rest of the night. Maybe a snack size Tillamook cheese.

Today's protein count: 71grams plus whatever chicken I ate from the soup
Today's carb count: 40grams (dang you cheese nips!!)
Today's sugar count: 14grams

Calories (these I NEVER count, but was curious): 800, holy cow, this is the biggest surprise! No wonder I'm feeling hungry right now. I think I'll have another protein shake or maybe a can of tuna before bed. 800 calories is not enough! Or does this mean I can eat more Cheese Nips??? NAH, just kiddin' :)

UPDATE the next morning: I chose to have a hard apple cider last night to the tune of 200 calories....so my calorie count made it up to about 1000.




2 comments:

  1. I would like more of these (when you can) so I know what others are doing. are you on Facebook or pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dana!
      I'm pregnant right now (surprise!) so my eating is not as clean at the moment. I kind of end up eating whatever doesn't make me feel totally sick. But I probably have a few more food days like this I can put together :)
      I'm on Pinterest and do have a Paleo/PCOS board: www.pinterest.com/craiganddi

      Thanks so much for following!

      Delete